Friday, December 7, 2012

EGO

EGO 

Taken from my book: "The Loving Light Within"
DrRod26.com

 There has been so much written about ego. Some good things and mostly negative things. I love Dr. Wayne Dyer’s description of the letters E-G-O:
“Edging God Out”
This really resonates well with me and I’ll elaborate on it. I’ve deliberately put ego as the first chapter because I wanted to give you a different point of view so that when you go through this book, every time you see the word ego you get in touch with this new perspective. I personally don’t think of ego as something negative, in fact, I look at it as my best friend.
As a human being, you’re consciousness has been evolving throughout the ages. Your ego is the part of your consciousness that makes you aware of your surroundings. Ego is that part of you which separates you from the world. It creates the context for your sense of individuality. Another word for ego is the mind, or your thoughts. The mind (or thought) can work for you if it’s used in a positive way. Ego has evolved to give you tools in order to find your place in the universe.
A healthy ego is essential for your spiritual growth and expansion. It is the pivotal point of reference that initiates you into the realm of awareness. I love my ego! I embrace my ego because each time it reveals itself to me and I become aware of it, I know that the act of awareness itself has purified my ego and has contributed to my expansion. However, a very dominant ego that hasn’t been tamed can be very challenging to deal with.
Here are several of ego’s identifications with personalities that can overcome you and get you in a bit of trouble:
  • getting offended with others,
  • constantly competing rather than cooperating with others,
  • trying to prove your point,
  • a feeling of superiority over others,
  • the need for accumulating more stuff in your life,
  • the urge to brag about your achievements,
  • and your struggle with your reputation.
A healthy ego can be aware of these attributes when they show up in life circumstances. Through awareness, you can feel when a thought occurs that is not coming from the context of unity; therefore, you are able to realize that your ego is playing games with you. As you meditate and get more connected with your true self, who is a spiritual being having a temporary human experience, the reaction time between your ego’s experience and the actual experience expands. You’ll be more in control of a thought that tries so hard to derail you from your purpose and actually observe your ego with joy.
To allow and let go of your minds identification with these egoic structures is the doorway to spiritual growth and realization of who you truly are.
I’ve put together thoughts and affirmations in this chapter that will enable you to realize more of the qualities of your ego, its structure, and associated feelings that come with these thought patterns. My affirmations are platforms to create that reactionary gap necessary for your thoughts to get neutralized, your ego tamed, and your heart singing the song of freedom. Read them with conviction and repeat them to yourself as many times as you wish.
DrRod26.com

No comments:

Post a Comment